Friday, August 13, 2010

It's Friday the 13th


Dear blog,

Morning class today. Phew looks like it's gonna get more and more stressful.
According to my lecturer I should be working on my project by now already. Thing is, I haven't even started. =/
Oh well, something really funny happened in class. While I was surfing the internet in class, my baby and I were chatting. She needed some help seeing some clothes and needed some opinion.
So I was checking out girl's clothes for her. Suddenly one of my classmate, just an acquaintance, came up to me and started giving me a weird smile accompanied with a stupid laugh. He said " looking at girls ah?". I looked at him with a *don't be a retard and please get lost* kind of look.
Well finally he got to know I was looking at clothes instead of girls. Well which is probably what he does all day and night. LOL!
And then he started to act smart, in hokkien it's called 'keh gao gao'.
Well one thing is that I didn't ask your opinion on girls clothes. Then he started taking out his member card or whatever trying to show off? Couldn't be least interested in whatever he was sputtering. I just looked at my friend beside me and burst into laughter. Well after that he left, thank God. Wanted to utter to him so badly these words, " Would you just get the f*** out of my sight?" LMAO!
But that's not what I did, I'm not that mean, at least not yet. =P



Well anyway the purpose of this post is about friday the 13th right?

Friday the 13th is actually a superstitious believe. Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on a Friday, which superstition holds to be a day of bad luck.

Friday has been considered an unlucky day at least since the 14th century and many other professions have regarded Friday as an unlucky day to undertake journeys or begin new projects. Black Friday has been associated with stock market crashes and other disasters since the 1800s. It has also been suggested that Friday has been considered an unlucky day because, according to Christian Scriptures and tradition, Jesus was crucified on a Friday

The actual origin of the superstition, appears also to be a tale in Norse mythology. Friday is named for Frigga, the free-spirited goddess of love and fertility. When Norse and Germanic tribes converted to Christianity, Frigga was banished in shame to a mountaintop and labeled a witch. It was believed that every Friday, the spiteful goddess convened a meeting with eleven other witches, plus the devil, a gathering of thirteen and plotted ill turns of fate for the coming week. For many centuries in Scandinavia, Friday was known as "Witches' Sabbath".

There are several more theories about friday the 13th which I'm not going to elaborate on. Readers feel free to wiki it up. =]
Question is, many claims friday the 13th is an unlucky day. Is it really an unlucky day, or is it just psychological ? Due to this urban legends, our mind tends to play tricks and make us seem it is an unlucky day. I'll leave it to you guys to decide.

No matter what, always be cautious when you're outside. Whether it's friday or not, it's best to always be careful. You'll never know what happens next. =]

That's all for today

imissher


0 comments: